- Ministry Update
Ministry Update: April 11, 2008
Paul Carden and three members of the Divito family depart for Uganda today. John Divito shares from his heart about what this trip means—and the urgent need for your prayers:
I know it’s hard to believe, but Jennifer, Joy, and I are leaving on our mission trip to Uganda this week! After many months of prayer and preparation, the time is almost here. We’ll be away from April 11th through the 21st.
With this in mind, I’m going to make an audacious request. Will you commit to fast and pray for our ministry and my family during our trip? I have set aside next Monday (April 14th) as a day of fasting.
This will be our first full day in Africa, and we would appreciate a day of special focus on our service to Christ. Additionally, I’m asking for you to pray for us daily. Here are some of the many ways that you can intercede for us:
• Please pray for our continued health and safe travel. With such a short time in Uganda, we have a lot to accomplish! Good health and no difficulties or problems in our travel plans will help us to make the most of our time there.
• Please pray for our times of ministry. I'm already preparing to speak at least three times: at a preaching conference, at a Wednesday-night service, and Sunday-morning worship. By God’s grace, I hope to help our brothers and sisters in Christ grow in biblical discernment.
• Please pray for our preparations. Imagine moving a family of six half-way around the world and starting a ministry there. This trip is our one shot to figure out how to do it. We need to work through everything from living arrangements to some of the international red tape. Lord willing, this will be our final trip before moving over!
• Please pray for our family. Given the expense of our trip, we’re having to leave our older children with friends while away. It will be hard for our family to be separated for so long. Additionally, while we trust our friends, I’m sure that they would appreciate your prayers in taking care of our kids.
• Please pray for Jesus Christ to be glorified! Above all, our desire is to build God’s kingdom through defending His truth. When everything is said and done, this mission trip isn’t about us or what we can accomplish in our own strength; it’s about our Savior.
May we all focus on Him daily!
Thank you again for your willingness to pray for my family. We’re excited to see what the Lord has in store for us!
Because of His grace,
Director, Africa Center for Apologetics Research (ACFAR)